COVID-19: Understanding the Challenges Cities Face
Mar 25, 2020
COVID-19 is hitting communities across the globe and many cities are finding themselves unprepared to deal with this unknown enemy. Dr. David S. Ricketts, Innovation Fellow at Harvard TECH, along with City Possible, powered by Mastercard, brought together hundreds of global government decision-makers and citizens gathered in a digital convening to try to gain a better understanding of the challenges cities face dealing with COVID-19.
You can watch the video replay here.
You can also review some of the resources shared by the speakers in the video, listed below.
Shared by Eyal Feder of Zencity
- Main concerns of residents in US cities
- Best practices for effective communication
- Coronavirus in US Cities: Residents Key Concerns in Numbers (report)
- [UPDATED] Coronavirus in US Cities: Resident’s Key Concerns in Numbers Report
- Zencity: Coronavirus Action Plan
Shared by Lili Gil Valleta of CulturIntel
- CulturIntel COVID NNYC Citizen Impact Meter – What the analysis of 8+ million digital discussions reveal about the mindset, emotional, physical and economical impact of COVID-19 on the everyday lives of New Yorkers.
- CulturIntel COVID-19 People Impact Meter – Discover what people’s organic digital discussions reveal about the impact of COVID-19 on their mindset, attitude and every day lives.
Shared by Dr. David Ricketts
- Taoglas – Wifi analytic software to detect crowds
- Singapore making coronavirus tracking app open sourced
- Visualization of Social Distancing- The Spin Off,NZ / World Economic Forum
- COVID-19 Health Surveillance Monitoring Ireland – Geohive
- City of Los Angeles: Angeleno Fund